Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Boy Who Lied and Got Everyone's Attention

You know that very exciting popular book entitled, The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven?

It was all a lie, says the young author.

Here's his confessional letter -

An Open Letter to Lifeway and Other Sellers, Buyers, and Marketers of Heaven Tourism, by the Boy Who Did Not Come Back From Heaven.

Please forgive the brevity, but because of my limitations I have to keep this short.

I did not die. I did not go to Heaven.

I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible.

It is only through repentance of your sins and a belief in Jesus as the Son of God, who died for your sins (even though he committed none of his own) so that you can be forgiven may you learn of Heaven outside of what is written in the Bible…not by reading a work of man. 


I want the whole world to know that the Bible is sufficient. Those who market these materials must be called to repent and hold the Bible as enough.

In Christ,

Alex Malarkey
______________________________________



I have a problem with this letter of confession and repentance.

It assumes that the other books are lies. They too need to repent.

I got a real problem with his confession becoming a call for everyone's  repentance. A real problem.

He says some things here that strongly echo a doctrinal position held by conservative evangelicals that are VERY suspicious of any extra-Biblical encounters or experiences with God.

Long story short, these devout men of faith would probably blast Christ when He walked the Earth, thinking they know scriptures but don't - in one case, the Pharisees utterly dismiss Galilee as a place no prophet ever came from. Well, they are utterly wrong. Jonah, like Jesus, was from Galilee: http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/19010/was-no-prophet-ever-came-out-of-galilee-sarcastic

They also deny acknowledging miracles because they threaten their status as leaders. You see it in John 11, when Lazarus is raised from the dead.

No, I kid you not. There are some Christian leaders who, in theological certitude KNOW Jesus did not speak to you, that no one ever speaks in tongues and all miracles stopped in the book of Acts.

I always wondered why until I caught on that people hate change and meeting the supernatural makes you change.

I won't rant on that, but such men have made careers out of being the last word on the Word of God, and I think God has to walk around them at times.

I will say I am disappointed to know a deceit has been perpetrated in the name of Christ. We are going to be ridiculed and mocked and scorned for this.

But what is worse is how it has enabled the Pharisees of Today to demand silence and stiffle other testimonies of Christ, accusing them falsely of the same tactic.

That royally ticks me off, this sloppy guilt-by-association.

But if there is one thing the Resurrected Lord of Creation Who Makes Breakfast for His Men After Rising from the Dead understands, it is this:

His friends know Him supernaturally and testify about Him.

John 11:26-27
When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning. 

Amen.

p.s. Jesus is not bound by the Bible; the Bible is bound by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment