Thursday, October 25, 2012

Iron Man 3

They have finally released the new trailer for the third Iron Man film, with Robert Downey, Jr. still sitting firmly in the title role. Call this "Christianized Geek Praise" but I am so impressed with how they are making the superhero I thoroughly enjoyed in the late 70's, with that epic David Micheline/John Romita, Jr./Bob Layton run and translate him so well to the big screen.

Thank you, Lord Jesus!

O.K., all my critics just snickered. But you have got to admit, this is a pretty stunning trailer, using the classic "Hero Falls" trope we see so often in the superhero trilogy movies.



And the villain's calm, matter-of-fact voice-over?

VERY EPIC!

"Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher.

Lesson number one: Heroes?

There is no such thing."

Of course there are heroes.

But they are rare, and downright mythical if not flat out supernatural.

Doesn't mean they don't exist.

Just means they can be hard to identify -without help. [cf. Matthew 16:13-17]

For my money, with dialogue like that, Iron Man 3 looks to be a winner.

You heard it here first.

peace
justice

No comments:

Post a Comment