Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chik-Fil-A: The Dark Meat Rises

Today was Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day. It was born to show support for a professional public Christian business that stands by the Biblical definition of marriage.

It only happened because slowly and surely the folks who promote the homosexual lifestyle and affirm it constantly got angry at Chik-Fil-A's president for responding as a Christian to a question about his values.

He said nothing against gays. He said the following in an interview from the Biblical Recorder in North Carolina:
The company invests in Christian growth and ministry through its WinShape Foundation (WinShape.com). The name comes from the idea of shaping people to be winners. It began as a college scholarship and expanded to a foster care program, an international ministry, and a conference and retreat center modeled after the Billy Graham Training Center at the Cove.
“That morphed into a marriage program in conjunction with national marriage ministries,” Cathy added.
Some have opposed the company’s support of the traditional family. “Well, guilty as charged,” said Cathy when asked about the company’s position. “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit.
“We are very much committed to that,” Cathy emphasized. “We intend to stay the course,” he said. “We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.”


Chik-Fil-A was immediately labeled a hate-mongering organization that needed to be boycotted by those who support same-sex unions. 'Homophobic' is the usual curse word used by these supporters.

Let me explain the difference between homophobia and theophobia.

In homophobia, I fear homosexuals. In theophobia, I fear God.

I  have never, in my entire life, ever been afraid of a homosexual.

I have been disappointed by, affirmed by, given gifts by and been rebuked by two friends who currently live a gay lifestyle and I think they can say the same about me. [Clarification: the 'affirmation' was due to the friendship and fellowship we shared as human beings who liked similar things or some personal complimentary remark. We do not 'affirm' what we disagree on. People need affirmation; beliefs need confirmation. There is a BIG difference.]

I feared God enough to repent and obey some 16 years ago. I have a good relationship with Him because of Jesus Christ. I am empowered to live a holy life, and I am serious about it. Even my old friends can honestly say 'Yeah - he's changed.' though they may not know why.

Why the Hate?
Trying to live a godly life in a messed-up world is hard enough, but I tell you honestly, it gets worse when you are 'outed' as a Christian: especially an evangelical Christian who holds the Bible as THE Authority on the will of God and our proper response to Him.


So now we have peace with God and we - I mean 'I' - am no longer afraid. "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

But we are attacked for having this faith and this timeless definition of marriage. We are vilified. I guess it is because the homosexual 'rights' agenda is afraid of our opposition.

I think they may be 'Christian-phobic.' You know - afraid of Christians?

I'm Coming Out!
Well, honestly, I just cannot stay in the closet, eating my Chik-Fil-A sandwich quietly and ashamedly.

I'm out. That's right. I'm coming OUT!

I love God and His values! I love chicken, especially chicken made by Christians! But not just the breasts that Chik-Fil-A serves; no sir - I loves me some LEGS too! They need to expand their offerings, you know?

LET THE DARK MEAT RISE! ;)

And let the CFA-haters smooch on each other all they want... You didn't know? They are planning a same-sex kissing spree this Friday, August 3rd in all the Chik-Fil-A's. Yeah - crazy, right?

But there's nothing against same-sex kissing in the Bible - its the more intimate stuff that's prohibited.

So stand down, you little haters.

The sky isn't falling on Chik-Fil-A. In fact, I'm pretty sure you helped make this the most successful day ever in their business history.

For further education, read the book of Esther - and how Mordecai was hung by his own gallows after trying to wipe out the God-fearing Jews.

You would have KNOWN this would happen if you read the Bible and believed it to be true.

And may you do so, very, very soon.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment