Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas, Hobbits!

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."

- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Merry Christmas from a man in his very own hobbit-hole in Wheaton.


I might as well finally admit it to myself - I have a wonderfully full, cozily cluttered warm hobbit hole, thanks to a lady who loves good food and gardening.

Yeah.

She be a hobbit, she is.

And living here is good, especially on quiet nights after a busy day of cooking, singing, worship, yard work, present wrapping, clothes washing and cleaning.

AFTER we ate breakfast this morning in downtown Wheaton where I ate TWO stacks of deee-lectable blueberry pancakes. I really did - I liked the short stack served with my meal so much I ordered another side of blueberry pancakes!

I helped vacuum and clean mirrors and watched the ending of 'It's a Wonderful Life'... crud, I AM A HOBBIT!

Not that that is a bad thing, but it is far too domestic for a saint... or is it?

I suspect I will have to go on an adventure [re: mission trip] soon to keep my heart right and not TOO comfy - but for now, it is a loving bit of grace.

You know what is even more hobbit-like?

We intend to have five guests for dinner tomorrow. Heh. I hope they won't be too offended if i refer to them as 'dwarves'. ;)

Well, I guess I better get to bed.

Santa's coming!

And for those of us who love hobbits, here's the newest trailer - the two-part film is due to hit the cinemas next December with part one: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.



MERRY CHRISTMAS, HOBBITS!!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment