Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011

Steve Jobs  1955-2011 [This is a Sad Mac]I loved the first time I ever used a Mac.

I remember asking the computer aide at Memphis State [now University of Memphis] how to save a file I had been working on. I was patient. I knew it would be a SAVE command with some colon with some other letters, etc.

He said "You just drag it to the disk - like so..." and proceeded to use the mouse instead of typing in some arcane drive letters separated by innumerable slashes. I was floored. I fell in love.

As a graphic artist, I found work, career and so much more far more wonderful and enjoyable because of this one inventor who thought computers should be user-friendly.

We all did.

I liked Steve Jobs for that reason.

He really did change the world.

Sorry you left so soon, Steve.

Blast.

God bless the Jobs family as they cope with their loss.

Amen.

p.s. a short Windows Movie Maker video - sorry, Steve! - I did to honor him and his wonderful achievements that truly opened up worlds of communication to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment