Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Return of the Six Million Dollar Man - on DVD!

Dear children of the 70's, Uncle Justice has some AWESOME news for you - about two weeks late, but you can still get it before Christmas if you hurry.

After years of wrangling, The Six Million Dollar Man is available on DVD from Time-Life - all FIVE seasons, with all three PILOT movies and all THREE Reunion movies PLUS 90 minutes of interviews, commentary and even more coolness.

Ends up being FORTY DVDs of coolness. [insert bionic sound]
[Link for clip below: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlcuiDUVyVQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp ]



I got to say this story inspired me to make my hero [from the novel I am writing] an astronaut who loses nearly everything yet keeps going.

It was the producer Harve Bennett who pointed out that what makes Steve Austin awesome is that he's got a lot of heart and compassion, even as he does his job. I think he's right - I think that darkness and coldness may have been what killed the reboot of The Bionic Woman. And that applies any movie where the hero lacks compassion: Daredevil, Ghost Rider, etc.

I myself have lost a lot of compassion for certain individuals and its hurting my ability to minister.

But Steve - he who lost most of his limbs, his fiance' and several other friends in the line of duty?

He keeps coming back.

In slow motion. [Link for clip below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwPL5LkeaA&NR=1&feature=fvwp ]



Not only because it looks cooler, [it most certainly does] but because you and I want to savor every moment of action. Of victory.

If you've lost a lot of yourself this year, don't worry - you can come back. You can win.

A be better, stronger, faster than you were before.

Just don't give up. And trust that God is smarter than Rudy Wells as He re-builds you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment