Friday, June 12, 2009

Even Caped Crusaders Need Rest Too!

Yesterday was my birthday, and first thing in the morning I was greeted with "Happy Birthday" signs and several presents from my dear landlady, Nancy. [She got up in the middle of the night to do that, too!]

Leaving the house at dawn, I met with a group of 10 Christian men who love the Lord. We studied Jesus as our High Priest in Hebrews 4:15-5:10. Once I got back home, a friend who has one of those crazy double-letter superhero secret ID alliterative names called me to go see "Up" - and we both were bawling after the first 15 minutes. [OK, I was the only one - he held it pretty good. Let's just say them Pixar boys know EXACTLY where your heart is.] We hit Wal-mart and after a break, we met again for dinner at Houlihan's. Very cool it all was.

Thanks, Dave!

I also gots lots of well-wishes from e-mail buds and fellow artists at Lively Arts, so I was doing pretty good on a rainy day while fighting a cold.

Tomorrow I leave to see my Dad in Washington State and will hopefully be joining some gaming friends at the end of the month in Seattle.

Its good to take a rest, our High Priest understands this, and even the oh-so-driven Batman, after 70 years - yep, his birthday was just last month - realizes this:



Be sure to thank God for all your blessings and rest in His grace always.

Always.


Have a blessed June, heroes!


In His Grace,
Justice Carmon

No comments:

Post a Comment