Thursday, May 14, 2009

Graduation Day -and its a craaazzzy finish

I almost did not graduate from college way back in 1994. I worked my tail off and got it down and found out that my instructor was gong to fail me because I had missed the review deadline. I had talked a good game, got busy with work and life and nearly screwed up my entire graduation.

Some buds saw how hard I was working at the very end to make my photo shoot deadline (5 days later) and interceded for me. He relented and I got a 'C'.

I hate projects. They are fun to start but horrible for me to finish. I love possibilities; I hate endings.

I had a kind poster do an intervention on me recently and pointed out I was saying this or that but not getting to the finish with it.

Here's what is awful about finishing: you have to do it alone.

Everyone has ideas and gets excited on the front end, but if you are working on the project, you finish it alone. In a dead heat. At 3 a.m.

One writer said "I don't want to write. I want to HAVE WRITTEN."

I love that.

I have two projects to do. No, three.

I am going to kill them all this month, Lord willing.

Don't expect any postings for awhile. Or expect them to be your typical blog off-the-cuff remarks. Nothing deep.

And for what its worth, I like giving away the farm. Expect something neat up here soon.

"Freely you have received, freely give."

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment